Monday, November 1, 2010

Mobile Blogging

I just got an app on my phone that lets me blog.

The typing is a pain on an iPhone, but the idea of blogging on the go is pretty appealing, don't you think? It makes one wonder, is this the future of blogging? Will people in the future blog with their mobile devices instead of on their computers? Will a tourist want to blog about seeing the Eiffel Tower while they're still there and they wtill have the inspiration to do it? Will mobile blogging become a new way to share what you're doing, while you're doing it?

My answer is yes and no. Yes, because some people actually like to share their full thoughts on the subject and not be limited to 140 characters. Therefore, this will be a major part of the "intended audience" so to speak. But also, No, because people these days have shrinking attention spans and want to say what happened to them as quick as they can, then go on to the next thing they'll tweet. That being said, they won't take the time to actually write about the whole situation if they can help it. They'll just say what they did, then get on with their "exciting" lives.

So I'm going to have to call it a mix, depending on who you are. If you like telling people about what you did in detail and really get into how you felt and your experience as a whole, blog about it. Or if you want to tell people what you did, but make it quick because the next exciting thing is starting soon, stick to Twitter or Facebook or whatever you use. I, personally, will take both roads. I'll blog if I have the time, but if I'm in a hurry, I'll just tweet it. I think it's the best of both worlds.

By the way, I typed this whole thing on my phone in 18 minutes. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. I think you're exactly right. It's all about whatever works at the moment. Whatever you want whenever and wherever you want it -- that's the mantra. So, if you have a quick thought, tweet it. You have more to say, blog it. You want to tell your friends, go to Facebook. It's all good -- especially the fact that you have choices and they're all right there on your phone. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete